Pavonia praemorsa

haname(z9 AZ NE Phoenix)May 4, 2012

Does anyone have experience with this plant? We saw some at Baker Nursery today and thought it was attractive. I bought two small ones hoping I could put them near a bougainvillea against a west-facing wall. What do you think? They're not planted yet so if that's a bad idea, I can still return them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomatofreak(Z9 Phx USA)

Love the plant, but I have no experience with them. From what I read, they could use some shade in the afternoon. I never had much success planting anything near bougies; they just take over.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:47PM
haname(z9 AZ NE Phoenix)

This is such a neat plant! The miniature hibiscus-like flowers open a buttery yellow in the morning sun and mellow to this luscious apricot just in time for the late afternoon sun to light them up.

They're still in the nursery pots in a protected spot. I hate to plant them now because I really don't want to kill them and am not sure where the best place will be. Maybe for now, they'll go into bigger pots for the summer and I'll figure something out in the fall.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 1:45PM
grant_in_arizona(USDA Z9 Scottsdale AZ)

Very pretty! Definitely keep us posted on what you do with them, and how it works out. It's a neat looking flower for sure! I'm familiar with P. multiflora, but not this species, so thanks for highlighting it. Keep us posted! Happy gardening and good luck with them! Take care, Grant

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
Anyone growing Wavy Scaly Cloakfern?
Looking for any local info for growing, buying, Wavy...
waterbug_guy
using hydrogen peroxide
I have long been a user of hydrogen peroxide, in my...
Sagepass
Help! Lime tree decimation
My lime tree is being decimated (leaves and branches...
bullamansss
I still love this pot (Day Of The Dead talavera pot)
I've always been on the fence with all of the Day of...
grant_in_arizona
Bad Bad Bad
This site is not very good !!!
campv
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™