New to Cave Creek--Anyone live near me who gardens?

makeupartistaz(9, Cave Creek, AZ.)May 5, 2014

I moved to Cave Creek about a year ago and put in a garden and 20 fruit trees. Trees are doing ok but garden not so good.I grew heirloom tomatoes in Ky and they don't look good here. I had much better luck growing veggies there. I would love to connect with some one who lives near me that I could come see your garden and you are welcome to come see mine if you like.
I have a large yard with lots of different kinds of cactus I could share cuttings if you like. Also have lots of Aloe Vera I can give you if you want some.
Hope to hear from you!
Thanks,
Carol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quotetheraven(9)

Hi Carol, I live in casa grande, I don't think that's too far..let me know if you would like to visit..

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 3:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GeneJr(9A)

I live in North Phoenix so our conditions are about the same. I don't know how large an area you're gardening or what you've tried so far so I can only speak generally. One thing I learned about growing here vs. Pennsylvania is that you have to pick the right varieties, get the timing exactly right, get the irrigation right, baby the heck out of most of them, and with a little luck it'll all work out. Be liberal in adding organic matter and grow legume green manure/cover crops if you have the space and it'll definitely give your vegetables a good chance. Drip irrigation has helped quite a bit in my case. With it I can tweak the watering schedule very precisely.

Gene

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 11:13PM
More Discussions
ID Help!
These lovely little flower stalks have appeared on...
GeeS 9b
Anybody with Cherry trees?
Hello, I'm a fruit tree maniac (I have about 50 small...
Andrikos
green landscaping maintenance co sought
Hi all, I converted my yard to partial desert landscaping...
drmeow3
Spinach, swiss chard - something eating holes in leaves
I don't see any critter on the plants during the day,...
art_in_ov
February 2015 what looks good/bad/awful in your garden?
I hope Grant doesn't mind me beating him to posting...
kevininphx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™