Yellow Groove worries

lamaluMay 9, 2007

Hi! Love the forum!

I planted a yellow groove last fall. The leaves turned yellow, as did my F. Rufa and F. Murilae, but now the fargesias are leafing out and the yellow groove doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've heard that it can take 3 years to really show growth but I am concerned that it's not leafing by now. I mulched but after reading some posts realize that I didn't use near as much as recommended - say 2-3 inches vs. 6 inches. Argh. Do I need to buy another yellow groove?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brian_k(z6 OH)

The culms may have top-killed and there will be no new leaves- they are dead. BUT the rhizomes are sure to be alive and will send up new shoots. Is your plant sending up new shoots?

Bookmark   May 9, 2007 at 8:25PM
lamalu

I haven't seen any new shoots yet. But new shoots could come up anywhere, right? I've only been looking in the general vicinity of the main plant. None of the leaves have dropped off - that's got to be a good sign.

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 9:12AM
lamalu

My yellow groove finally started to leaf out! Really took his time but it's happening! Whew! Feeling so much better. This fall I'm going to mulch much more heavily than I did last winter. Yay!

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 12:26PM
More Discussions
Detail question about propagating from rhizomes
Hi there by accident I came across some rhizomes of...
linaria_gw
Moso is dying
I have a small Moso grove about 10 to 14yrs old . ...
gardensnail22
Will remove unwanted bamboo in nc
Hey all, My team and I willing to remove a mature bamboo...
bamboohunter
If selling bamboo - what to sell and how?
Greetings all! We have just aquired a home that has...
littlebamboozdo
privacy wall for freeway noise
Trying to comb through all the back log of message...
ssmith58
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™