WANTED: Cempoalxochitl or other marigolds

CAST1(9b Arizona)June 24, 2012

I'm looking for Cempoalxochitl marigold seeds. They are pictured below. If anybody has something that is similar to the Cempoalxochitl, I will be in interested them as well . We are trying to grow these for a "Dia de los Muertos" celebration at my high-school.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CAST1(9b Arizona)

We are also interested in Harlequin Marigolds or any cool looking marigolds if anyone has any.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 1:32AM
tomatofreak(Z9 Phx USA)

I don't, but now that you've piqued my interest, I'll be on the lookout for some. Very pretty! If you read the threads, you'll see that I haven't had very good luck (actually, no luck) getting marigolds to grow. A few years ago, I had some lime green ones that bloomed beautifully. I'll let you know if I come across the ones you're looking for.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 12:51PM
CAST1(9b Arizona)

Thanks for the help tomatofreak!I also have a hard time growing marigolds, but this year one of them actually bloomed ! A few weeks ago I passed a house with the most beautiful crackerjack marigolds in the front yard. I asked the owner if I could get some seeds and he was delighted to give me some. He told me he puts steer manure into his flowerbeds and thats why his flowers were all big and healthy .

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 2:10PM
More Discussions
growing chilitepin pepper bush
I would like to grow a bush of chili tepin peppers....
carolssis
Water Softener
I'm going to install a new water softener to replace...
newtoucan
Ever grow melons in containers?
Ok, so my eyes were a lot bigger than my gardening...
captaininsano
Pride of Madeira (Echium candicans)
Hi everyone, I posted a pic under "What looks...
grant_in_arizona
Lawn renovation/reseeding - Phoenix AZ
Thank you everybody for a wonderful forum. I am a new...
adi_az_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™