Harvest time

toucan(9)June 22, 2014

Thanks for all the tips. Sweet harvest time. First yr to have lots of tomatoes and zucchini.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
harolds(9)

Congratulations on your harvest! What kind of tomatoes are those? And how do they taste? Curious tho why you picked the zucchini so young?

Bookmark   June 24, 2014 at 3:06PM
grant_in_arizona(USDA Z9 Scottsdale AZ)

Fun fun fun! Thanks for posting these--it looks like a fancy culinary magazine photograph! How did everything taste?? Happy gardening and happy eating! :)

Bookmark   June 26, 2014 at 10:08AM
toucan(9)

Those tomatoes are Green Zebra, Vernissage Pink and Punta Banda. The Green Zebra tasted the best, though none were spectacular. I wanted to make a frittata. Plenty more zucchini on the way.

Bookmark   July 1, 2014 at 12:37AM
toucan(9)

Also made some zucchini flower quesadillas. I'd love to see anyone else's harvest pix and what you do with them.

Bookmark   July 1, 2014 at 12:40AM
toucan(9)

Also made some zucchini flower quesadillas. I'd love to see anyone else's harvest pix and what you do with them.

Bookmark   July 1, 2014 at 12:41AM
grant_in_arizona(USDA Z9 Scottsdale AZ)

Awesome, Toucan, everything looks so tasty. Thanks for sharing the harvest AND what you did with it. Great stuff!

Happy gardening and eating!
Grant

Bookmark   July 1, 2014 at 11:23PM
mingtea(z9 Tucson)

I'm jealous! The last time I had a great tomato harvest was in February. I'm only getting hot chili peppers, basil and green onions in my little garden at the moment. Something's been plucking the new growth off my eggplant like crazy.

-Ming

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 10:27AM
toucan(9)

Very nice tomatoes and in February! I didn't even start mine till Feb. Punta Banda, V. Pink and early girl still producing. Zucchini is taking off. Definitely recommend the Costata Romanesco. Taste and texture are delicious. Simply roasted with herbs and salt is the best.

Bookmark   July 5, 2014 at 4:44PM
mingtea(z9 Tucson)

You should've seen the green ones I plucked in December when it was supposed to freeze during our vacation. I gave them to a friend to make fried green tomatoes...
My plants were "over-summered " to produce fruits at that time of year. I think I'm going to sick with a variation of that strategy from now on! The only wrench in the plan would be if we get unusually cold winters as we did a few years back...

-Ming

Bookmark   July 5, 2014 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
Boojum tree
Hello! I was at the botanical gardens the other day...
mastergardenator
Where is everyone?
Did you all hit the road because of the changes? I...
ernie85017
Best place to buy trees?
I need a new queen palm and would like a palo blanco....
cms9323
What is this bug/thing?
Digging by hand this year I am finding A LOT of these...
ernie85017
placement of Gasteraloe
I scored yesterday on a 1.5 gallon gasteraloe at HD....
temperene
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™