Bamboo Farm Visit

iain42May 17, 2010

Well I am glad I visited the farm before digging bamboo. I would have been a little under prepared. Need a bigger truck and sharper shovels :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/iain42/BambooFarm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm From Bamboo Farm

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boomantoo

Buying the plants already potted will be better in many ways.1 they are dug by very experienced professionals. 2 they have already gone through the transplant shock and recovered. 3 they will establish much faster than plants freshly dug. 4 They already started regrowing their rhizomes and establishing their own grove. 5 plants require alot of TLC right after they are dug, plants already in pots will require less care after planting in the ground. At least now you know what to expect. Good Luck.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 7:40PM
iain42

Thanks for the info. The price is so good for digging them myself that I'm not worried about time to re-establish. I'm very happy to find them 4min from home instead of 4-6 hours. This will make it much easier.

I got to see a very interesting mix of bamboo. When I go back in August I am going to pick up a couple Henon, robert young, another yellow bamboo, and a couple of the dwarf bamboos. The size of the moso was staggering. I decided not to get one of those. lol

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 10:04PM
alan_l(6)

Which "Bamboo Farm" is this? Where is it located?

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 11:22AM
webgator(9 FL)

Yes, please, where is this farm at?

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 3:11PM
iain42

It is in Morrilton, AR. It used to be a nursery but now they basically let you dig your own for a discounted price. The name of the nursery was morningside nurery. I'll double check.

Bookmark   May 27, 2010 at 5:27PM
More Discussions
dkansas
Alternate plant suggestion for bamboo which is not...
dkansas
Miniature Bamboo
I have recently purchased a Variegated German Bamboo...
partybra
argh neighbor
I live on six acres and we have a new neighbor. He...
seydoux
Bamboo Resilience
Last spring I picked up a clumping bamboo from a plant...
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake, F
Best Zone 8 timber bamboo
Hi guys, I live on a few acres in South Mississippi,...
jdsokol
Sponsored Products
Blooming Bulb Harvest Reversible Duvet Cover and Insert Set
Overstock.com
30" Bangkok Bamboo Vanity for Semi-Recessed Sink
Signature Hardware
Bamboo Area Rug: Raymond Waites Garden Royal Red 8' x 11'
Home Depot
Sportsman Series Electric Meat Cutting Band Saw and Grinder
Beyond Stores
Corrugated Bamboo Box
$459.00 | FRONTGATE