Chinese Yellow Banana fertilizer... 10-4-10?

SchmaktMay 10, 2014

I found these forums while trying to figure out where to get some 10-4-10 fertilizer for my newly acquired Chinese Yellow Banana plants... the instructions that came with them suggested this mixture, but it seems to be impossible to find... The only thing I'm really seeing is a product called "Vibrant Gold," but I'm not having any luck finding a place to actually buy it...

Does anyone know where I can find this? Or if there is an equally good fertilizer for these plants?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bamatufa(7 - Trussville, AL)

Welcome to the forum ! I would just buy what you can find locally in your area. 10 10 10 or 13 13 13 or what ever. Main thing is start fertilizing it when it begins to grow. I have used palm fertilzer when available to plain 13-13-13 .Don't knock yourself out trying to find 10-4-10. Mine are very happy using various formulations. Keep us posted !

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 9:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bamatufa(7 - Trussville, AL)

Welcome to the forum ! I would just buy what you can find locally in your area. 10 10 10 or 13 13 13 or what ever. Main thing is start fertilizing it when it begins to grow. I have used palm fertilzer when available to plain 13-13-13 .Don't knock yourself out trying to find 10-4-10. Mine are very happy using various formulations. Keep us posted !

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 9:28PM
More Discussions
First banana plant
Heh, okay so i was watching my friend remove unwanted...
YouthGarden
yellow and brown edges on banana leaves
Hello all, I have a dwarf cavendish banana plant which...
sabine_farm
What size container to transplant into
I just purchased an unknown banana plant (labeled Musa...
drtd
Banana plant is dying, what is wrong?
Hello all! I bought this banana plant a couple of months...
rweiss
Banana pup ID
Could you guys tell me what species of banana this...
Conor_S.
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™