Loving todays weather

mangledmind(AZ 9B)June 12, 2010

Today is soooo nice, been outside all morning. So cool and beautiful. But no rain in the west valley yet, can smell it, but not a drop YET

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wabikeguy(7 AB)

We got a couple drops here in Havasu. It sprinkled for a couple of minutes. Very refreshing. Temps topped out in the low 90's today. Just opened up the house as is currently 86 outside with a nice little breeze.

I lost two of my potted figs last week. Most of my little orchard was looking stressed, which resulted in me covering most of my inground trees with shade cloth for a couple of days. Today I uncovered them and they are looking great.

Dave

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 8:11PM
grant_in_arizona(USDA Z9 Scottsdale AZ)

Yesterday was GREAT wasn't it??? I turned off the AC after having it on for only a week. So nice! It was 63 when I got up and only got to 84. Wonderful stuff, especially considering I spent most of the day digging and doing hard labor with the irrigation system. No rain in N Scottsdale, but I could see plenty of it just to the west.

This morning is great too. Nice to get a break! Every person I talked to out and about yesterday commented as well. My nasturtiums, petunias, and geraniums will think they've gotten a reprieve, LOL.

Take care all,
Grant

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 1:11PM
DrynDusty(z8 AZ)

In our village it got up to 86, at 5000 feet it was 75, at 7000 feet it got up to 65. Guess where we spent the afternoon?
Norm

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 5:51PM
mangledmind(AZ 9B)

what on earth happened to our beautiful weekend weather?

100°F + forecast for the remainder of the week, poor veggies gonna cook in this heat :(

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 7:16PM
More Discussions
Pride of Madeira (Echium candicans)
Hi everyone, I posted a pic under "What looks...
grant_in_arizona
drumstick tree
I was reading old posts and this tree sounds great. I...
calb_gardner
growing chilitepin pepper bush
I would like to grow a bush of chili tepin peppers....
carolssis
Water Softener
I'm going to install a new water softener to replace...
newtoucan
NOT in love with my sapote tree
Hi everyone, I'm so NOT in love with my grafted sapote...
grant_in_arizona
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™