My Bamboo is in BAAAAAD Shape...Help me!!!

bambooinpainJune 19, 2007

Hi everyone...I am hoping someone can help me. I live in a high rise in San Francisco facing directly west. My deck gets direct sun from 1pm to 8pm right now, and lots of wind.

I recently purchased a 5-gallon Golden Bamboo, and transferred it to a 15 gallon pot. It has been a month, and I don't know if I am overwatering or underwatering. I have attached links to a few pictures...hopefully someone can tell me what is going on. The local garden center told me the Golden Bamboo would be quite happy on my deck :(

Right now, I am watering it about every 3 days...should I be soaking it? I am watering it like all my other plants...when the soil feels dry...

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cmontross

You will need to water it more frequently for a while as it goes through transplant shock. Also it may be experiencing more full sun than it was getting before. I try to keep my new transplants a little moist until they get adjusted to their new digs.
Chris

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 7:52AM
bamboobubba(z7 AR)

It looks to me like your boo is wind damaged, young boo does not like wind, and by the condition of the leaves, they look like they have been in a steady wind. Also, when it needs water the leaves curl up, and too much water, they become brown on the edges. Keep the soil moist but not wet, and try to shelter the plant til it gets more mature.

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 8:57AM
bambooinpain

Thanks for the tips!!!

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
privacy wall for freeway noise
Trying to comb through all the back log of message...
ssmith58
Will remove unwanted bamboo in nc
Hey all, My team and I willing to remove a mature bamboo...
bamboohunter
Wanted: PH dulcis or Giant timber bamboo
I am looking for ph dulcis and/or giant timbers I dont...
rozenkruetz
Is this a type of bamboo?
I am trying to identify this plant and would appreciate...
jdeamer
growth speed and how to grow moso and giant bamboo?
Hi everyone! I just orderd some Moso bamboo seeds(EDULIS/PUBESCENCE)...
BalanceA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™