Moving outside

ray_loveJune 5, 2008

hey guys

So its finally going to break 80 here starting tomorrow. My questions is a few things. One how do I go about Moving a Dawarf cavendish outside as well as a Super Dawarf cavendish? Also do i need to change my watering Patterns? Also is the temsp are going to drop off again should I still leave it out. Lets say nighttime temps pf 60 and day time of 70-75? The one plant is about 3 feet high the other about 6 inches to a foot. I don't want to loose either plant.

Thanks

Ray in Ontario

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandy0225(z5 Indiana)

put them outdoors in a sheltered spot for about a week. Out of wind and out of sun, like inside a fenced enclosure, etc. to get those leaves toughened up. then out into more sun. Of course your watering schedule is going to change depending on the sun/wind exposure. More sun/more wind outdoors will usually end up needing more water. But since they've been inside and it's cool inside, it could be just the opposite at the first when you put them out.
Night temps of 60 are plenty warm enough for a banana. After they've been acclimated to outdoors, most can handle 45 with no damage.

Bookmark   June 6, 2008 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
Musa Zebrina - Blood Banana - blooming photos
These 4 photos taken February 14, 2007: ..and the plant...
bananasdotorg
Prepping the soil for banana plants
Hello, I have a nice space for about 2-3 dwarf Apple...
figsinhawaii
yellow and brown edges on banana leaves
Hello all, I have a dwarf cavendish banana plant which...
sabine_farm
Banana pup ID
Could you guys tell me what species of banana this...
Conor_S.
First banana plant
Heh, okay so i was watching my friend remove unwanted...
YouthGarden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™