laurahatt214(7-10)June 30, 2012

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Been looking for a garden forum where ppl actually talk lol. Hope to make some new friends.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ

Hello and welcome, where in Arizona are you located? What do you like to garden?

Bookmark   June 30, 2012 at 8:19PM
haname(z9 AZ NE Phoenix)

Hi Laura, glad to have you aboard!

Bookmark   June 30, 2012 at 9:11PM
grant_in_arizona(USDA Z9 Scottsdale AZ)

Hi there! Welcome to the forum and thanks for the introduction! We do talk on this forum, so please jump on in. We'd love to see/hear more about your garden, and where in AZ you live and what your garden is like. Gardenweb has added a nice new feature that makes it SO EASY to upload pics now (there's a "browse" button right above where I'm typing, and we can now click on it and browse out to a pic on our computer that we wan to upload (and then view on "preview").

Welcome again. We hope you'll post as much as possible, as often as possible. Take care and happy gardening! Grant

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 2:05PM
Pagancat(Phoenix, AZ)

Hi! Hope to see you around!

Thought I'd take this opportunity to check out the new picture upload feature...

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 5:52PM
laurahatt214(7-10)

Very wonderful photo. I am in Golden Valley AZ...where are yall? I am trying to get use to the site. Is there a place that when someone replies to your message that you will get an email stating that?

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 7:48PM
webuser_17497

welcome, and yes you can get replys sent straight to you e-mail if you click on the square right above the Preview Message button. it says "Check here if you would like post replies emailed to you." once again welcome.
Devon

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 12:40AM
laurahatt214(7-10)

Thank you so much Devon for the help!

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 7:19PM
tomatofreak(Z9 Phx USA)

Laura, I'm posting the answer to your question here so it doesn't get lost on the other thread. It appears that you are somewhere around 2,900' elevation; that means your growing season is much different than here in Phoenix - and Florida, for sure! My advice: Look around and see what your neighbors are planting and when. Connect with the Master Gardener program in Mohave County; they should be very helpful. Kingman is at a higher elevation than Golden Valley, but nurseries there might also help you out with suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mohave County Extension Service

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 9:05PM
tomatofreak(Z9 Phx USA)

Here's an article by Linda Reddick, one of Mohave's Master Gardeners. (There's also a contact person, Vicki Coombs, listed at the bottom of the article.) Linda talks about a gardening method developed by Duane Clupper of Kingman. I knew Mr. Clupper years ago, but I don't know if he's still there (or even alive) now. The instructions Linda gives is not exactly Mr. C's 'recipe', but should work anyway. If Mr. C. is still there, and if you could meet him, you would gain a world of knowledge about gardening.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garbage bag gardening

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 9:19PM
More Discussions
Is this a good or bad caterpillar?
Is this a good or a bad caterpillar? It's on my petunias....
greendreamhome
Bad Bad Bad
This site is not very good !!!
campv
Spinach, swiss chard - something eating holes in leaves
I don't see any critter on the plants during the day,...
art_in_ov
Anybody with Cherry trees?
Hello, I'm a fruit tree maniac (I have about 50 small...
Andrikos
Dog Eating Hibiscus
Can anyone offer suggestions to keep our 9 month old...
azfran
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™