Can i sell my bamboo?

kevingalaxyJune 15, 2009

I have a section 6 x 25 foot of bamboo, i think most of it is black bamboo but some of it is green as well, anyone know if i can sell it? I am thinking of getting rid of it.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9(Zone 8a - PNW)

Black bamboo comes up green, so maybe it's all black. You could dig up divisions, pot them up, take care of them for several months to see if they survive, and then put an ad in the paper or on Craigslist, to see if you have any takers. Or you could advertise for people to dig their own for a small fee, but bamboo is difficult to dig if you aren't experienced, so this could be an unsatisfactory approach. Lastly, if you just want to get rid of it, and it's disease-free (especially no bamboo mites), you might be able to get a bamboo nursery to remove it all for free. In any case, I suspect that trying to sell off this grove is not going to be a big moneymaker.

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 12:20PM
bonesci

Hi Kevin,

I'd suggest letting people come dig it up. Black bamboo seems to be pretty popular and many people are looking for it. I'd definitely dig some up next spring if you still want to get rid of it.

Chris

Bookmark   July 3, 2009 at 8:50AM
seattlegirl(6)

Hello, I have a small bunch of Golden Groove Bamboo. I am very much interested in hearing what you have to say about selling your bamboo. I am sure you can sell it with out any problem, and Craigslist is a good spot, but let me know what you are going to do as I'm interested too. thanks

Bookmark   July 10, 2009 at 1:38PM
More Discussions
Moso vs Giant Japanese Timber
Phyllostachys heterocycla f. pubescens "Moso"...
vancleaveterry
Is this a type of bamboo?
I am trying to identify this plant and would appreciate...
jdeamer
Wanted: PH dulcis or Giant timber bamboo
I am looking for ph dulcis and/or giant timbers I dont...
rozenkruetz
Best Zone 8 timber bamboo
Hi guys, I live on a few acres in South Mississippi,...
jdsokol
Miniature Bamboo
I have recently purchased a Variegated German Bamboo...
partybra
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™