Large field

sweet15July 25, 2014

I want to plant a screen bamboo on a large field behind my house and I had a few questions. First how much bamboo per sqaure feet. How much does that cost. I want the fastest growing. Also I want one that's root system become permenent fast. I know it would be a running bamboo. What would be the best way to do this (seeds,none seeds). Basically I want something that puts in easy and gets settled in quickly and spreads really fast. It is in the sun all the time. I live in Texas where it's doesn't rain much. Oh and what would be the best time to plant?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stevelau1911

Are you in Eastern Texas anywhere close to Canton, or Dallas?

I happen to know of a few people who have large collections of running bamboos who will likely have what you are looking for. It's best to get a screen of bamboo from a massive division with multiple culms so it can take off right away.

It's fine to plant now as long as you keep it watered. Are you interested in visiting a bamboo garden with dozens of species? It won't cost you much to get it from a collector especially if it is a species in excess that can be dug up with ease.

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 11:28AM
sweet15

I live in San Antoniof but I willing to drive for a little bit. If I did that how long would it take for the root system to get set in

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 1:13PM
stevelau1911

At this time of the year, they should set in and send rhizomes withing 2-3 weeks of transplant. Get me your email, and I can send them their contact details.

Bookmark   July 28, 2014 at 9:12PM
More Discussions
Help me choose bamboo for dry summer
Hello! I would like to grow a grove of bamboo that...
cheapheap
growth speed and how to grow moso and giant bamboo?
Hi everyone! I just orderd some Moso bamboo seeds(EDULIS/PUBESCENCE)...
BalanceA
top ten favorite bamboos
I'm relatively new to this forum and somewhat new to...
jeremy88
Strange leaves on Oldhamii, wondering whats up and then boom!
So all my bamboo has been looking ever so green and...
littlepepperboy
Grasses
Do grasses ( like miscanthus and others) need a lot...
els60
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™