Free seeds - dark red crosses

hippiezep(11)May 10, 2014

I can't help it when I see a nice stamen dripping with pollen and a healthy stigma casting around in the breeze, even though I don't actually have any more space to plant anything.

In particular, I have a number of crosses of dark red varieties, some with the possibility of doubling - Benfica, royal velvet, Carmen, cherry nymph. If anyone would like some of these seeds and it is permissible to import them where you are, drop me a message and I'll shove a few in the post.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stampstudio

I can use a few as i will give some to the garden club my wife started at the retirement home.
THanks in advance.
Bill Kemp

Bookmark   May 10, 2014 at 9:02AM
jessiann63

I'll take a few if you have more.

Bookmark   May 10, 2014 at 1:48PM
retsec

Would love to have some of your seed
Nancy

Bookmark   May 10, 2014 at 2:33PM
anadj76

Hello! would like to have some of your seeds if you have more! Thank you!! New to amaryllis, about six months science I bought my first Red Lion and loving it!!

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 2:45AM
123marai(11)

hi HippieZep 11, Would love to have some of your seed. thankyou, you are so kind.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 9:44AM
phantomfisher

If you have any left, I would love some seeds. I just got into growing these and it would be fun to dabble in different types. Thanks in advance!

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 2:36AM
a_shau(San Francisco 8b)

Hello! If you have any seeds left, I'd love to try my hand at them. Thank you!

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 1:47AM
hippiezep(11)

I have put a few in the post for those who have mailed me their postal address. Anyone else, please let me know where to send them.

Bookmark   May 21, 2014 at 1:01AM
123marai(11)

yaayy...!! thankyou hippiezep, I'm so excited.

Bookmark   May 22, 2014 at 9:34AM
veerle(6)

Hi HippieZep, do you still have some of those seeds? The dark reds are the ones I love most, I don't know how come I got to have so many other varieties (Double Record, Aphrodite, Papillo,Lemon Lime, Apple Blossom, White Nymph). Many of these are starting to bloom and I will try to pollinate them - if they take and you're interested of any of the crosses, I would be happy to offer them in exchange for your seeds (I know you have a huge collection and said you didn't have any space anymore, but just in case there's anything you like in my tiny collection...)

Bookmark   May 24, 2014 at 4:05AM
chinhster(10)

Thank you so much! These seeds are going into soil asap! C

Bookmark   May 30, 2014 at 10:09PM
hippiezep(11)

I've always found floating the seeds on water the best way. After about 10 days when the little white root is poking out, or even later when a green shoot appears, you can plant them in pots or in the ground

Geoff

Bookmark   May 30, 2014 at 11:51PM
radiantjade(SD, CA 10)

I would love to have some seeds. Do you have any left?
-jj

Bookmark   June 16, 2014 at 5:42PM
123marai(11)

Hi geoff.

Thankyou for the seeds.

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 6:45AM
hippiezep(11)

Yes back in Hong Kong and still a few left. Don't forget to send me a picture of the flowers in 2018!

Bookmark   June 24, 2014 at 10:03AM
chinhster(10)

Hi Geoff, the little seedlings are poking their heads out! :D

Bookmark   June 24, 2014 at 3:10PM
fuzzy57(5-MO)

do you by any chance have any seeds left

Bookmark   June 30, 2014 at 7:49PM
MikeO55(9)

Thank You, got the seeds yesterday...can't wait to see the blooms in a few years. :-)

Thanks Again
Michael

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 1:49PM
Valoriewithzinnias(5b)

I would absolutley love a few amaryllis seeds if you still have a few to spare. I'm very new at all this stuff with computers and probably need all the help I can get. If I make mistakes, I'm sorry. I don't mean to. I also don't spell very good either. I don't have a fancy camera, so I can't show you any pictures of my sweet home surprise zinnias, but I can tell you they are gorgeos!!! I got mine in 2004 from Martha Turnbull and have kept my seeds pure. Martha died just a year or two later. Very sad. but I have plenty of seed!!!! A few days ago I got some StellaD'oro seeds. I can share. I also have logan giant bean if anyone is interested.

Bookmark   August 22, 2014 at 12:39PM
hippiezep(11)

I still have some in the fridge - I'm not sure how well they keep. but you can try. I can send some if you send me a message with a postal address

Bookmark   August 22, 2014 at 8:21PM
Valoriewithzinnias(5b)

Thanks !!! I'd love to try a few. I just love amaryllis !!! Do you want anything for them? SASE ? money ? zinnia seeds ? Let me know. My physical address is 3502 South Canal Street Newton Falls, Ohio 44444. I really hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again.Valoriewithzinnias

Bookmark   August 22, 2014 at 10:37PM
hippiezep(11)

I've just dropped the last of the seeds in the post. They've been in the fridge for three months or so, so not sure how that may affect germination. As noted in this forum, the most promising way to germinate the seeds is probably to float them on the surface of water, and wait for a small white radicle (root) to appear after about a week before planting them.

Bookmark   August 27, 2014 at 11:07PM
More Discussions
test
just trying to figure out if i am signed in
snowdogmama
Anyone order Sonatinis?
Did anyone order any Sonatini's?? I ordered 39 bulbs...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Hippeastrum Apple Blossom problem
My Hippeastrum Apple Blossom showed a tip of a flowering...
jujujojo_gw
What will it be
The game has started,another two weeks and I will have...
brigarif Khan
I;m not Kahlua, who am I?
Title should be "I'm"...not "I;m"!...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™