for donna

danglesMay 8, 2013

sorry u are upset with me donna I did not set out to upset u by having to many doubles lol the reason for so many doubles is because I put pollen of every double that I have onto all my single flowers ratio is 30% of the seeds wll be a double so that's 30 out of every 100 plants that germinate this season I have geminated around 4 to 5ooo plants yes that is 5000 so that is aprox1500 potential doubles from this season I hope that helps u donna to understand also as well as using blossom peacock I use many other doubles as well here is another double just for u donna reards and happy growing

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dondeldux

Danny,

Well, you've seriously got the 'magic touch" and I'm not upset with you, I just envy you!!! ;-)

This one is a beauty too and you seem to most always get 4 flowers to boot!

So Danny, what are your ultimate planns for all of these bulbs? Do you give away the ones that you consider second rate or do you keep them all? Do you have your own plans to open a hippeastrum farm to give Maguire's a little competition? Or is this just a "glorious senior citizen obsession"??

What ever the answers to these questions, you're doing a bang up job and obviously enjoying yourself and we (I) enjoy seeing all you lovely creations...

Donna

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 7:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jstropic

Danny,

Does Lyn have the hippeastrum bug as much as you do? How do you care for that many seedlings. Sure wished I lived closer to you and Lyn so I could take some of those beauties off your hands LOL
-J

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 8:46AM
More Discussions
What will it be
The game has started,another two weeks and I will have...
brigarif Khan
Any H. Piri-Piri blooms?
Mine is just opening. Solid dark red cybister. Photos...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Let's Get Acquainted!
In recent months, we've had several new members join...
jodik_gw
Worsleya seeds
If anyone is interested, someone is offering worsleya...
rredbbeard
Hippeastrum Apple Blossom problem
My Hippeastrum Apple Blossom showed a tip of a flowering...
jujujojo_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™