Plant Sale!

tomatofreak(Z9 Phx USA)July 27, 2012

I get e-mails from this nursery and today got notification of their "wholesale price" sale of a long list of plants. It may not be the best time to plant, but I have to agree with them that plants are happier in the ground than in pots at this time of year. Anyhoo, it may be worth a trip. I've been there a few times and it's a really pretty place with friendly, knowledgeable people. Note: I have no interest in this company, just thought I'd share news of a sale.

Here is a link that might be useful: plant sale

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
naturelover42(AZ9b Tucson)

Too bad it's in Phx, that's a great sale. Desert Survivors in Tucson will have a 10% off sale but it won't be until October 13th.

I just bought a Penstemon Eatonii at Home Depot for $4.50, bad time of year, but it's $2 cheaper than the nursery so I took a chance and bought it. Will baby it for a while to make sure it makes it.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 1:36PM
tomatofreak(Z9 Phx USA)

Love the colors! Are you actually growing cilantro? All your plants look happy. I'm gonna have a talk with mine....

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 2:18PM
naturelover42(AZ9b Tucson)

Tomatofreak,
On the left of the pot is basil and to the right is Italian parsley. I had cilantro but it died in the hot sun even though it got afternoon shade. I will buy again and plant in the Oasis.

This area is on the north of the house, almost all day shade, which I call the Oasis because there I can grow anything that won't grow anywhere else in my yard. If it says the plant needs full sun, I don't think that applies to Arizona. LOL I think the heat and light is so strong that plants do well in almost full shade.

I'm just resting the Penstemon there for a few days, it looked like it was dying at the Home Depot and I felt sorry for it. Then I will plant in a spot with afternoon shade. If you have an area like my Oasis plant your cilantro there, that's where I will plant mine in the fall.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 4:26PM
quotetheraven

I agree Naturelover, a couple of weekends ago, we ran into Singh farms by accident and went in..all that lovely shade and all those happy plants. I think full sun here means full winter sun, lol..and lots of cooling shade in the summer. Have five more trees on my list after seeing that place..even tho my husband says I can't possibly fit them in..yes, yes, I can, lol..winter sun, summer shade..and I think most things would do just fine.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
ID Help!
These lovely little flower stalks have appeared on...
GeeS 9b
Do you like your synthetic lawn?
This is sort of a spin-off from my thread on how to...
juju222
Cats in my garden beds
We got new neighbors who let there two cats run wild. How...
campv
Tucson Xeriscape has a weird disease
Late last summer, many of the plants in my xeriscaped...
jukesgrrl
Anybody with Cherry trees?
Hello, I'm a fruit tree maniac (I have about 50 small...
Andrikos
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™