Do people buy banana trees?I I

last1earthJuly 12, 2014

I took bunch of suckers off my Musa Basjoo, and since times are a bit tough for me- thought to sell them on Craigslist. Would people buy them, do you guys think? I'm in NJ. Some of the suckers are small like 3-4 leaves I have 2 big ones, more than a foot and half, maybe. How much should I try for?

P.S I even tried digging some variegated lilacs, though they look like they are going to die (and I dug 'em up today!). What would those go for (if alive)?

Thanks for any advice guys!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garymc(7 S.E.Mo)

I've sold basjoos on Craigslist. A good time to do it is a month and a half ago. The weather won't kill them and people are wanting to get in the garden when it's 70 something instead of in the 90's.

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 4:42PM
RafaelNJ

Wow if I knew you had them couple months ago I would have gladly purchased some :) I am also in NJ, got 3 of them online and just got two yesterday at Home Depot (I hope they are Basjoos). They were about 3-4 foot tall and they are selling them for $6.98 a piece. I know that this size online goes for a lot more. There is a guy south jersey that sells them $50 for a 5 gallon container.

This post was edited by RafaelNJ on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 20:20

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 8:19PM
RafaelNJ

I would love to hear how you winterize them and such, this is my first year growing bananas. I tried my luck with windmill and needle palms couple years ago but all died except one tiny one that was eaten by my dog when I uncovered it this year from the winter. In two seaons I don't think it grew at all :)

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 8:24PM
More Discussions
Banana Palm uprooted in winds!
How can I save it???
Green4les
Banana Question...
I bought a dwarf cavendish banana about 2 years ago,...
Dani74
unknown banana
Hello, I got a banana plant and was pretty excited...
sunshine34662
Banana tree has fruit on it. Now What?
Hey, when do I know it's time to cut the stalk of fruit...
elbeardo
Smallest dwarf I've seen
This past week I was out to lunch and while walking...
gnappi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™