strange things are happening with my bulbs

danglesMay 8, 2013

here in Brisbane Australia our flowering season starts about mid September this is the early bloomers first week in October is the biggest lot of flowers the late bloomers will flower in November some straglers in December last month april I took all the leaves of my bulbs expecting them to go to sleep they all now have new leaves up to 18 inches high they have not done this in other years but the strangest of is I have 5 bulbs sending up scapes this is very strange most strange any ideas why this is happening maybe its global warming ha ha this year the weather has also been abnormal any suggestions regards and happy growing Danny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

I recall that a few of the listers had early blooms last year in the northern hemisphere...as they were expecting bulbs to start going to sleep as well...Oct/Nov.

K

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 4:07PM
dondeldux

Danny, Do I recall in the past year that you had moved and had to relocate all your bulbs to your new place? Well if that's the case then maybe the digging up and moving of your bulbs has upset their timetable and they have to readjust...just a thought.

Donna

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 7:37PM
dondeldux

deleting duplicate message

This post was edited by dondeldux on Wed, May 8, 13 at 19:43

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 7:38PM
hippiris(10b)

Hey Dangles, I'm in Adelaide, most of mine are still in full leaf with no signs of slowing down, and I was steadily getting flowers right through till March, the weather is still pretty warm here, 29 yesterday and nearly there again today, 2nd week in May, and I'm still having to water.. :-)

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 1:12AM
hippiris(10b)

Umm, was gardening today and noticed a new scape from one of my H. Viridi Rascal. 7 have died back, 7 have full leaves and this one has a scape about 14 inches tall.. They haven't been moved and are all in the same pot..Weird..

Bookmark   May 11, 2013 at 3:52AM
More Discussions
Did anyone get an H004?
The buds on mine are exposed and the color is looking...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Full House, Tres Chic and another
From top to bottom, Komoriya mislable, Tres Chic and...
jstropic
May Wonder
This is another Komoriya bulb that flowers for me every...
jstropic
Worsleya aka Blue Amaryllis
I thought I would post my latest pics to a more reasonably...
bluebonsai101
The 'wild' blue amaryllis
Been watching with great interest some online auctions...
bragu_DSM 5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™