I'm sure you do the same

love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)May 26, 2010

I'm sure you all do the same, but I still have to smile at myself. Today I harvested a ripe seed pod around 4:15 pm. Seeds were planted by 4:30 pm! (34 seeds were in this pod.) "Get growin'!" I said to them!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blancawing

That's great - congratulations!

Best,

Blanca

Bookmark   May 27, 2010 at 6:41AM
wally_1936(8b)

I hope you didn't mean you planted the seed pod whole? I sure was surprised to see those little pieces of paper sprout. Enjoy your new plants

Bookmark   May 31, 2010 at 10:18AM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Haha! I threw away the black things first.

Bookmark   May 31, 2010 at 11:06AM
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

I have 5 jars sitting on the counter with oodles of seeds floating in each one. Then I have 2 planter boxes divied into 1/4s with different crosses in each section...and 6 6" pots with seeds. WHEW...and still have pods ripening. So much for practicing self control this year. The Jewel and Zombie pollen got me so excited...I lost and willpower. AND....I had grown impatient with the seeds in soil, so floated a batch, and 2 days after floating...the seeds in soil started popping up sprouts. Guess it's a "tie" here as to which method works best for me!
:-)
Enjoy the babies....
Kristi

Bookmark   May 31, 2010 at 8:10PM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Kristi, that is fantastic! Post pictures of your sprouts when you can. I had six more pods ready today. The seeds of two pods were sent to Maria for the SA/AU donation. All of the seeds of the other four pods were planted immediately: ten 6-cell cellpaks, three seeds per cell. I think that is something like 180 seeds. And like you, I am still watching a lot of unripened pods, too! Looks like I will be buying more cellpaks this year. :)

Carol

Bookmark   May 31, 2010 at 8:17PM
More Discussions
Let's Get Acquainted!
In recent months, we've had several new members join...
jodik_gw
Hippeastrum machupijchense pollen available
Figured it would be a waste to throw it out. My machupijchense bloomed...
brownest_thumb
care of bulb after blooms die back
what should I do with bulb afer all flowers die back...
luv4buds
Basil Plate Propagation
Hi, My friend- Nongnuch Nakmanoch did basil plate propagation...
Nititii P.
Rebloomer 'Giraffe'
Reblooming 'Giraffe' First scape with 5 flowers!! :)...
lenanen
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™