used beekeeping supplies

pembroke(6--Louisville KY)February 18, 2006

Does anyone deal in good lightly USED beekeeping supplies? I've seen a few on ebay but would like to be able to see what I'm geeting into when buying used. Any thoughts will appreciated. Thanks. Pembroke

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tarheit(5b)

Other than Morris Weaver in Texas (http://www.morrisweaver.com/) I don't know of anyone who really deals in used beekeeping supplies except for some of the big stuff (large extractors, etc.) Your best bet may be to contact some of the local beekeeping associations and see if they know anyone that is downsizing or getting out of the business. I know in the local association here there are frequently ads in the newsletter for used equipment.

-Tim

Here is a link that might be useful: Kentucky Beekeeping Associations

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 12:25PM
denise_ky(z6 KY)

Pembroke,
I may have some bee equipment to sell you. I've kind of moved back to Louisville but am keeping one hive on my property in Elizabethtown. I have lots of frames already made and may have some acceptable boxes.
Your handle sounds familiar. I wonder if we've "met" somewhere else?
If you're interested please e-mail me: fletchoneday@hotmail.com

Regards,
Denise

Bookmark   March 7, 2006 at 5:28PM
bejay9_10(zone 9/10)

The folks in the bee business (exterminators in the know) can usually advise what's available in your area. I looked in the yellow pages to find one that captured my swarm and helped me put them in a box - although had my own empties.

They tell me that bees usually like the old, used hives better than nice newly painted, etc. hives. Of course, they probably should be cleaned thoroughly before use. I usually use a propane torch to clean off the frames and scorch the inside of the boxes before reintroducing to the bees, however.

What about E-bay?

Just my 2 c's.

Bejay

Bookmark   April 12, 2006 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
No bees in my Baltimore garden
This year my beautiful garden has attracted no bees,...
echalmers
Location of Urban Apiary
Hello, I'm going to be constructing a 6 ft structure...
katetrav
Will Rosemary attract bees?
I am planning a small bed at my daughter's school and...
Terry_R
bees, deter, Please need suggestions!
OK.. I need the experts. For the last 13 years, my...
poolproblmes
And I thought everything I read on the internet was true...
http://m.wikihow.com/Identify-Africanized-Honey-Bees Here...
naturewest
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™