Bees! want to move not kill

snazzy_gardernerFebruary 24, 2006

Hi Everyone!

I just obtained this property from my parents. They had a trash pile in the woods on the side of the house. YUK!!!

3 generations of trash! We are cleaning it up. I was doing just that last summer, taking the pile to the trash to be taken to the dump, well as I was doing this a bunch of wasps got mad and begun stinging my legs. I dropped my pants right in the yard and ran to the house. funny huh?

Now it winter and I want that pile moved by spring before they come back. What do I do? There is alot of work to be done still. I don't want to kill them. They was here before me,minding thier little business...any solutions?

Thank Goddness it wasn't the grandkids or animals that got what I did.

PLEASE HELP!

Dover,De 19904

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tarheit(5b)

Are they wasps or bees? (your message says both). It would be unusually for honeybees to nest in a pile of trash, but not unusal for some other bees and some wasps. However, this time of year most wasps and bees don't have a nest and are just a single lone queen waiting for spring to to start a new nest. So from your description I'm confused as to what they are and it makes a difference on how you would handle them.

-Tim

Here is a link that might be useful: Bee and wasp identification guide

Bookmark   February 27, 2006 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
Bee identification
This large bee was attacking honeybees and bumblebees...
hrathbur
Living with pollinators
Hello, I am new to this forum. We have been co-existing...
simplegreenguy
Location of Urban Apiary
Hello, I'm going to be constructing a 6 ft structure...
katetrav
Raising Bumble Bees for the Home Gardner
Hello Garden Web Friends, For the past few years, I...
Sunrise Vineyards
What happened to our hive?
We are new beekeepers, starting two hives from two...
grovestead
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™