Wild Bee Swarm

whohughMarch 31, 2007

I have a fairly small backyard and a swarm of what looks like regular honey bees has moved into our cable box in the corner. Is there a way to have them removed without killing the whole colony? I've had almost no experience with bee keeping or moving feral bees but I'd hate to see them wiped out for only picking the wrong box to settle in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tonybeeguy

Hi, You don't say where you're located but it must be a warm state for a colony to swarm this early. Most areas have some kind of local beekeepers orginazation, and many times a club member will leave their number with the local police or fire dept as a contact person to remove honey bee swarms, so that might be your first try. Also, if you go to backyardbeekeepers.com you can click on "find a club" Then you can click on the state you live in and it will list many of the beekeepers clubs and contact people. Hope this helps

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 12:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bandit_tx(z7-8 TX)

go to Beesource.com and enter the discussion forum area. There is a link for bee removal.

Here is a link that might be useful: bee removal

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 4:07PM
More Discussions
And I thought everything I read on the internet was true...
http://m.wikihow.com/Identify-Africanized-Honey-Bees Here...
naturewest
Where do bumblebees live?
I have hundreds of bumblebees ( ID'd from a photo in...
susanzone5
Bee identification
This large bee was attacking honeybees and bumblebees...
hrathbur
Is this little thing really a bee?
This looks like a honey bee and wallows around in pollen...
grubby_AZ
Bugs, Birds and Beyond
FREE Festival for Children, Sat, 8/23 12 �...
blrhudugi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™