Any keepers in N.E. Texas who will mentor?

timintexas(z8 E.Tx.)March 6, 2005

Help!!

I have waited several years to get started. I had hopped that I would be able to go to "bee school" but it was cancelled due to lack of interest. Rats! I don't want to wait yet another year to get started.

I can read all the books in the world but... I am a "monkey see monkey do" kinda guy. Our local beekeepers club seems great but I can not get there in time. It is about a 90 miles from my house and I drive 50 miles to work (the other direction!) so by the time I would be able to get there, it is over! Double Rats!

Soo..can anyone take pity on this guy? I am really nice and will try hard to make it up to you in some way.

I live near the La./Tx. state line but I will drive!

A big thanks...

Tim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
txbeeguy(z8 TX)

Tim,
Based on your general location, I assume you're talking about the bee club in Tyler. I'd recommend you still contact their club president and pulse him for some additional information. Sometimes they have get-togethers outside their normal monthly meeting schedule (like maybe, a special 'hands-on' weekend training or an up-coming club picnic, etc.). I bet you could find one or more of their members that live over your direction and would be willing to give you a hand. Sometimes your county Ag Extension agent will have a list of local beekeepers, or try some local "pest controllers" - they frequently don't handle honeybee swarm calls but have a list of local beekeepers that do - samething with fire departments and/or police depts - any of these may lead to a local beekeeping contact.

Bookmark   March 6, 2005 at 3:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
timintexas(z8 E.Tx.)

Hey txbeeguy, I forgot to say thank you for your response. I will take your advice and contact the club. Thanks again!
Tim

Bookmark   March 19, 2005 at 11:25PM
More Discussions
how to get rid of 10000s ground yellow jackets on 400-500 holes
Many parts of my 1 acre highly wood area has 400-500...
pectin
Colony Collapse Disorder
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was just forwarded...
WestEnder
Here's My First Mason Bee Hive
So other than needing more tubes to fill it is there...
minkies
Bee identification
This large bee was attacking honeybees and bumblebees...
hrathbur
"How Your Bee-Friendly Garden May Actually Be Killing Bees"
http://www.wired.com/2014/06/garden-center-neonicotinoids/ Last...
subk3
Sponsored Products
Gus Modern | Spencer Chair - Quick Ship
YLiving.com
King Hannah Matelasse Coverlet Set - IVORY
$479.90 | Horchow
Reflection Ava 6-Light Nickel Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
OakRak Floor-to-Ceiling Bike Rack
$159.50 | FRONTGATE
Concealed Thermostatic Triple Shower Valve with Diverter 3 Outlets
Hudson Reed