Any keepers in N.E. Texas who will mentor?

timintexas(z8 E.Tx.)March 6, 2005

Help!!

I have waited several years to get started. I had hopped that I would be able to go to "bee school" but it was cancelled due to lack of interest. Rats! I don't want to wait yet another year to get started.

I can read all the books in the world but... I am a "monkey see monkey do" kinda guy. Our local beekeepers club seems great but I can not get there in time. It is about a 90 miles from my house and I drive 50 miles to work (the other direction!) so by the time I would be able to get there, it is over! Double Rats!

Soo..can anyone take pity on this guy? I am really nice and will try hard to make it up to you in some way.

I live near the La./Tx. state line but I will drive!

A big thanks...

Tim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
txbeeguy(z8 TX)

Tim,
Based on your general location, I assume you're talking about the bee club in Tyler. I'd recommend you still contact their club president and pulse him for some additional information. Sometimes they have get-togethers outside their normal monthly meeting schedule (like maybe, a special 'hands-on' weekend training or an up-coming club picnic, etc.). I bet you could find one or more of their members that live over your direction and would be willing to give you a hand. Sometimes your county Ag Extension agent will have a list of local beekeepers, or try some local "pest controllers" - they frequently don't handle honeybee swarm calls but have a list of local beekeepers that do - samething with fire departments and/or police depts - any of these may lead to a local beekeeping contact.

Bookmark   March 6, 2005 at 3:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
timintexas(z8 E.Tx.)

Hey txbeeguy, I forgot to say thank you for your response. I will take your advice and contact the club. Thanks again!
Tim

Bookmark   March 19, 2005 at 11:25PM
More Discussions
Will Rosemary attract bees?
I am planning a small bed at my daughter's school and...
Terry_R
Location of Urban Apiary
Hello, I'm going to be constructing a 6 ft structure...
katetrav
Caucasian queens
I'm trying to line up some queens for next year.....I...
groall
Should You Destroy Hornet Nests?
Ok, ok, ok... I know this is a beekeeping forum and...
gaitten
mason bees
This is the first time for me on this forum (usually...
harry57
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™