Bananas Free in Cincinnati

daryljurassic(OHIO 6a)September 27, 2008

I will be digging up my non cold hardy bananas in the next couple weeks and composting them unless somebody wants some or all. After dividing, there should be 12+ cavendishes and a few zebrina bananas. Good sized diameter and some up to 8 feet tall. The basjoos are a little ratty after the windstorm 2 weeks ago but the cavendishes seem to have faired well. No basjoos btw...Also have elephant ears - soon to be bulbs - very large, as well as various tropical seeds from 2008 - large purple leaved cana,moon flower, hummingbird flower.

I have way too many ,as usual,to bring in for the winter. They do make good compost but would prefer to give them away. Wish I had a green house...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stevexyz(Dallas, TX 8)

I would be intrested in a pup.Do you have any way of shipping because i live in Dallas TX. My e-mail is: linda.bechtold@franklincovey.com

Thanks,
Daryl

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 5:03PM
exter

I live in northern Missouri and have raised bananas for several years. Would be interested in obtaining one of the small cavendish. Email me details on how to obtain one. I also am president of our local garden club and may have other members interested in obtaining corms or other seeds. My email is turnee@cebridge.net.

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 5:34PM
chateauclubcrest

I sent you an email--I'm in the Cincy area and I'd be interested too! Perhaps a zebrina or any interesting EE's Thanks!

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 1:46PM
kaysbelle(z5IL)

I would be interested in some elephant ear bulbs if you have any left. Please let me know. Thanks.

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 2:27PM
sal_mando(z6a SW Ohio)

I sent you an email, also. I'm in Cincinnati.

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 5:36PM
daryljurassic(OHIO 6a)

Just to update, because of the upcoming warm weather I haven't don't anything with the plants yet. Sorry, but shipping anything is out of the question...(I'm a nice guy, but not that nice lol). If somebody just wants some EE bulbs, I can do those anytime, but I may wait a couple more weeks on the bananas unless the weather changes. Please have an email address so we can make arrangements.

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 10:05AM
More Discussions
Cleaning services
Company cleaning company in Riyadh Riyadh Basma cleaning...
elgammal
Does anyone actually have a tree that produces 'fruit' up north?
I was wondering if there is such a thing as growing...
meyermike_1micha
Banana fruiting stopped at 3 hands, now what?
My banana tree finally flowered, we were so excited....
darkmorning
Banana Palm uprooted in winds!
How can I save it???
Green4les
Banana Question...
I bought a dwarf cavendish banana about 2 years ago,...
Dani74
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™