Places to buy mulch in Tucson?

tucson_daizy(USz8 tucson)August 24, 2005

At the big box stores mulch costs about $4 for 2 cu. ft. Does anyone know of a better deal? I would like about 40 cu. ft. I looked at Tucson Electric Power's website and they mention that they have a mulch processing plant but they don't say if it is open to the public. I also read that U of A's research farm sometimes has mulch or compost.

Where do you get mulch in Tucson?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aztransplant

I used Pioneer Landscaping Materials last winter to have compost/mulch delivered to my house. I needed a LOT and didn't want to haul it myself, let alone pay Lowes/Home Depot prices for by-the-bag. They have 3 locations in Tucson: one near I-10 & Cortaro Rd, one on W. Valencia Rd near I-19, and another on S. Mann Ave (near Valencia Rd & Kolb Rd).

I won't post their phone #s here 'cuz I'm not sure if we're allowed to do that on Gardenweb. But they should be listed in the phone book.

Back in Feb, they charged $24.00/yard for their mulch mix (50% mulch, 50% manure). They have other blends as well. There's a delivery fee of $40.00 for up to 10 tons of material. >10 tons & the delivery is free

Bookmark   August 24, 2005 at 1:57PM
tucson_daizy(USz8 tucson)

Thanks aztransplant,
My house is right in the middle of two of those places. Is that a cubic yard, so it would be 27 cubic feet?

I will give them a call.

Bookmark   August 24, 2005 at 2:42PM
happysmurfday

Some friends of mine got free mulch from Romeo Tree Service (http://romeotreeservice.com).

Here is a link that might be useful: Romeo Tree Service - Tucson

Bookmark   July 3, 2009 at 7:05PM
turtleman49(AZ)

Call Les at Civano Nursery, Les has a tub grinder and makes there own mulch/compost

Bookmark   July 4, 2009 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
Kokedama
Japanese String Gardens. Anyone doing/done any of these?...
MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ
The Official AZ Tropical Fruit Trees Thread
Sorry for the monopoly on threads today. If anybody...
kccav
Anyone tried growing a true Cedar (Cedrus) in the valley?
I tried growing two deodor cedars a few years ago....
richsd
ID Help!
These lovely little flower stalks have appeared on...
GeeS 9b
Bad Bad Bad
This site is not very good !!!
campv
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™