neighbor has honey bees

wtrmlnlabsMay 22, 2009

I'm looking for some info, my neighbor does raise honeybees... I mean the guy right next door. I know the difference in bees so yes they are what I'm talking about. Anyway, they are very annoying. I have them all over my yard, they get in our faces (and caught in my hair) with out swatting at them. I find 15-20 dead almost daily in our dogs water during the summer. Is there anything I can do to try to get them from not coming into our area so much? My young boys play with water all summer so taking the dogs water away really won't help. The neighbor has standing water at his place for their animals, I just can't figure out why they have to come here! I understand the benefits of these critters, but I'm not a huge fan. The few we used to get were fine, but this is getting crazy!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Konrad___far_north(3..just outside of Edmonton)

How close are the hives?
Perhaps he has too many hives, I can see 1 or 2 hives max. in town.
Do you know the bylaw...can he have hives? If yes, there is not much you can do except talking
to your neighbour, perhaps a barrier, wall, he can put up to restrict the flow, direction to and from hives.
Keep your dog water inside, in a shed or shaded place.

Konrad

Bookmark   May 22, 2009 at 8:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ncdirtdigger(7b)

You could ask him to turn the hive to face away from your yard, which will somewhat alter their flight pattern when coming and going.

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
Colony Collapse Disorder
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was just forwarded...
WestEnder
Bee Hive for Black Bees
We have a large bee hive that was created this summer...
MotherNauresDaughter
Is this a mining bee?
East central Illinois. Mid-August on a cone flower...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
bees or Yellow Jacket
I was not killing them because I thought they were...
cyranoses
mason bees
This is the first time for me on this forum (usually...
harry57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™