mold in the honeycomb
I am not yet experienced in beekeeping although this is my third year of trying! I have two hives and they both appear to be healthy with lots of bees. Today was the first time I opened up one of the hives and discovered blue looking something? in the uncapped cells. Appears as if it might be mold. I think I made a mistake in leaving supers on both hives and no queen excluder. In addition to the moldy looking stuff I have brood in with the honey. The one I opened up today has a very heavy middle box. I expected it to be very light but could not lift it easily so I put it back on and closed up the hive.
What steps, if any would you take to control the mold and what can I do to alleviate brood in the honeycombs and not have this problem again?
Vicki in Iowa