best way to market honey? cost effective?

charlescharlotteJune 22, 2007

I HAVE 150 HIVES.BEEN IN BUSINESS 4 YEARS.I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO GET ADVICE FROM MOST SEASONED APIARIST.PLEASE ANYONE ADVISE OF PURCHASERS OF HONEY WHOLESALE? THANKS IN ADVANCE,CHARLES

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tonybeeguy

I know you can find ads in ABJ and posible Bee Culture looking to buy honey wax and propolis. Also try posting to beesource.com. I don't have first hand experience with wholesaling honey as I only produce a few hundred pounds and easily sell it by word of mouth at a good price.good luck!

Bookmark   June 24, 2007 at 10:41PM
mersiepoo(6)

Could you go to a co-op and sell it there? Or maybe sell it via some farm markets? I know you say you want to sell it wholesale though.

Have you thought about renting out your hives to orchards (if you haven't done so already)?

Bookmark   June 25, 2007 at 6:50PM
tonybeeguy

Was just wondering what you've been doing with all that honey for the past four years? Obviously if you could sell retail you'd see the highest profit margin. Another possibility would be to offer it to specialty stores and niche markets if you have the bottling capabilities. You can have labels made for each customer so they could offer it as their own "brand" Anytime You can be the one who is adding the value to the product, your profit margin will go up. As far as bulk selling,do a little research, join an association or state organization. The 2 buyers listed in ABJ are Leighton's Honey in Florida (863) 422-1773 and Pure Sweet Honey Farm (608)845-9601. There were 9 ads in American Bee Journal in the upcoming July issue advertising bulk honey for sale. There was also a number if you want to take out an ad. It's 888-922-1293. Hope this might be of some help to you

Bookmark   June 25, 2007 at 11:49PM
charlescharlotte

Thanks to all You all Have helped me a great deal in my education.We have been doing the produce stands and markets.Will keep you posted on our venture and share any experiences.God Bless,Charles & Charlotte

Bookmark   June 29, 2007 at 8:13PM
More Discussions
Bugs, Birds and Beyond
FREE Festival for Children, Sat, 8/23 12 �...
blrhudugi
Should You Destroy Hornet Nests?
Ok, ok, ok... I know this is a beekeeping forum and...
gaitten
Raising Bumble Bees for the Home Gardner
Hello Garden Web Friends, For the past few years, I...
Sunrise Vineyards
"How Your Bee-Friendly Garden May Actually Be Killing Bees"
http://www.wired.com/2014/06/garden-center-neonicotinoids/ Last...
subk3
And I thought everything I read on the internet was true...
http://m.wikihow.com/Identify-Africanized-Honey-Bees Here...
naturewest
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™