Plants that don't attract BEES!

golfergalSeptember 15, 2007

Hi,

We just bought a home in Goodyear, Arizona and we are in the middle of our landscape design. We would like a landscape that is NOT bee friendly. I am allergic and afraid of bees would like to know if there are any plants, shrubs, flowers...etc, that don't attract bees?? We would love to have some color with flowers and shrubs but we also realize bees like color. Can your help....any suggestions?? Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yogi-gardener(9 AZ)

I am allergic to the little buggers too! I have noticed that I rarely see them near my hibiscus.. and they do so well here. The nurseries have so many different shades and colors right now, maybe you can find some that will work in your yard? Good luck!

Bookmark   September 16, 2007 at 4:22AM
golfergal

Thanks YOGI-GARDENER! I love hibiscus....what a great idea! That's exactly what I was looking for...something to add color without the BEE's! Thank you!

Bookmark   September 17, 2007 at 10:50AM
adubas_comcast_net

I live in Colorado (zone 5) and my granddaughter lives in Washington (zone 7). We both cannot tolerate bees and yellow jackets, but love flowers and plants. What type of plants and flowers can we plant in pots outside. I love hibiscus also, but cant seem to make them grow in Colorado. Would love some help with this.

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 6:56PM
hellbound

it's way to cold in colorado for hibiscus i'd say try some of the more colorfull yuccas and agaves allthough they don't flower they can add a little color to ur landscape

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
NOT in love with my sapote tree
Hi everyone, I'm so NOT in love with my grafted sapote...
grant_in_arizona
Lawn renovation/reseeding - Phoenix AZ
Thank you everybody for a wonderful forum. I am a new...
adi_az_gw
Cats in my garden beds
We got new neighbors who let there two cats run wild. How...
campv
Tree ID - white trunk and
There's a few of these growing along the south side...
Raimeiken - z9b - Peoria, AZ
March 2015 what looks good/bad/awful in your garden
Happy March, everyone. So far it's been a cloudy one,...
grant_in_arizona
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™