Ive never seen a mushroom pop up here in the sidewalk, I wonder if its edible
My sister, the ER nurse says: do not eat any shrooms you are not completely sure of. The paper recently had an article about an increase in dog fatalities from eating poisonous mushrooms, although most cases were in Flagstaff.
I would not even touch it with bare hands because of the spores. Could be fatal.
It's probably a desert shaggymane. They are harmless but not very tasty. But as stated above, treat all fungus with caution! "Probably" is not worth taking risks over.
Neat pic! Thanks for sharing it! I've had several shroomies popping up around my garden too, although none in the sidewalk! Take care and happy gardening!