I'm so excited....speaker invitation!!

kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)July 6, 2010

The local garden center has invited me to speak to 2 (TWO!!) local garden clubs in mid-October about amaryllis!! I'll give another presentation in mid-November to the public about growing amaryllis to bloom for the holidays and how to keep them alive throughout the year (and getting them to rebloom the following year).

I'm so excited to be given the opportunity to educate the public about about my favorite plant!! AND...MAYBE, JUST MAYBE a few less people will toss their amaryllis out on the compost heap after it's bloomed for Christmas!

;-)

Kristi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluebonsai101(6a PA)

Congrats Kristi, that is indeed quite an honor and I'm sure you will do a great job with lots of fantastic pics to demonstrate everything :o) Dan

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 7:18PM
dondeldux

That's wonderful!! If anyone can convert a few more people to share this addiction, you can, with your passion!! Good Luck!!!

Donna

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 7:38PM
mikep_cfl(z9b FL)

Re: "JUST MAYBE a few less people will toss their amaryllis out on the compost heap after it's bloomed for Christmas!"

But don't forget to mention the Phillips Center for Unwanted Hippeastrum Bulbs which is located in Orlando, FL - just in case. I believe you have our address. (LOL)

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
Heir-loomed Amaryllis Seeds & Offsets
My grandmother has an Amaryllis that's a speckled salmon...
amaryllisgirl123 (zone 7 NJ USA)
The brighter side of a cold and snowy day...
3 Flower Papilio Bulb #2 opens it's flowers
mariava7
Do I need to repot my amaryllis. Did so last May. It prospered.
I got advice here last May or so, and repotted it....
michelange2
Komoriya's Oriental Lady
This is a new bulb that I purchased several weeks ago...
dondeldux
Whites
I am fond of predominantly white Amaryllis. Some of...
brigarif Khan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™