Bees Diving at Me

tucker303(z5CO)September 2, 2010

My neighbor set up a hive of honey bees this past spring. I was looking for to that as I have lots of flowers and I do not mind them much. But it seems that I have an issue of a few bees diving at me relentlessly. And my dog. The weather is wonderful today for the first time in awhile and I wanted to sit out back but can't.

I assume this is happening from her bees as it never happened before and I THINK they are coming from that direction.

Is there anything I can do except surround myself with smoke or sit under a sprinkler, that will make it possible to enjoy the outdoors...like some scent or something that annoys them? We live in the city and our yards are not huge but the hive is located at the other side of her yard.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Konrad___far_north(3..just outside of Edmonton)

How many yards from the hive to your yard? Is it legal to have hives?...One or two hive's should normally not cause a problem, you're at the peak of the population of honey bees, from now on they will dwindle down rapidly and cold will come around in no time when they hardly fly.

Bookmark   September 3, 2010 at 1:17AM
More Discussions
first year bee keeping-Nevada
is there any one out there from my area first year...
cullen
Is this a mining bee?
East central Illinois. Mid-August on a cone flower...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Will Rosemary attract bees?
I am planning a small bed at my daughter's school and...
Terry_R
how to get rid of 10000s ground yellow jackets on 400-500 holes
Many parts of my 1 acre highly wood area has 400-500...
pectin
Raising Bumble Bees for the Home Gardner
Hello Garden Web Friends, For the past few years, I...
Sunrise Vineyards
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™