QUESTIONS for Josh :D

karanb1r(9)July 12, 2011

Howdy Josh,

KB here.

Just curious how was your trip to South America.. I haven't been on the forums for a while but I read a bunch of posts when i do check in. I remember you were scheduled for a trip to South America... And since I couldnt find any posts elsewhere about your trip... HOW WAS IT!!!? WHAT DID YOU SEE??? SEE ANY AMAZING PLANTS???

- KB :D

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joshy46013

KB,

Sadly I had a few major surgeries unexpectedly this year and I'm not healed enough to go this year :(

They're on one trip now and one next month, believe me, I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to go!

LUCKILY because I have such amazing friends they're collecting for me, I've provided them with a bunch of information to find some species that have been lost for more than 40 years, hopefully it works out ;)

Josh

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 11:10AM
karanb1r(9)

Wow you have some terrific friends! Hopefully they find some nice specimens. I hope you feel better... I have never had a surgery of any sort but I dread having one. Feel better and when your friends return post some photos up please :)

- KB

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 6:42PM
joshy46013

KB,

They indeed are great friends ;) Hopefully they bring back the possibly extinct H. fuscum, H. oconequensis and H. forgetti! I have my fingers crossed!! None of these plants are in cultivation and no one really knows what any of them look like so it would be amazing if we could change that!

It's also important that we get these plants into a conservatory so that in the future if these plants aren't already extinct we can prevent them from being gone completely!

I'll be walking again soon, it's just sad I had to miss out.. Next year tho I'll be there for sure as well as Bolivia.

Your socks would be KNOCKED off if you saw some of the Bolivia species, one has incredibly large, green flowers that are speckled with purple, it's truly a beauty and another that is MUCH more yellow than any hipps out now!

Josh

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 7:47PM
lovestroy

HI,Josh,"one has incredibly large, green flowers that are speckled with purple, "is it H. Paquicbanum?....It's really rare, was named not long ago I think...I have one picture of it...It's the dream-thing!

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
Nititii P.
Hippeastrum 'Belicia', any knowledge?
Hi everyone, The thing is my recently purchased White...
lenanen
I;m not Kahlua, who am I?
Title should be "I'm"...not "I;m"!...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
I'm beginning to figure out the code to ordering the bulbs I want
Ok, I'm starting to figure out the code to ordering...
jstropic
Worsleya seeds
If anyone is interested, someone is offering worsleya...
rredbbeard
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™