Hippeastrum/Amaryllis Growing Techniques of Dr. Henry Nehrling

amaryllisstudygroupAugust 14, 2014

Theresa Schretzmann-Myers will present a seminar on the Amaryllis Techniques of Dr. Henry Nehrling at the Nehrling Gardens in Gotha, FL (just West of Orlando,FL) His papers and history are archived at University of Central Florida and Stetson University. His house and 6 acres are saved and being restored as The Henry Nehrling Palm Cottage Gardens in Gotha. This is the man who taught the growers of the Golden Age of Florida Amaryllis (1925-1955). He developed over 1200 hybrids.
The seminars are at 9am & 10:30am this Saturday August 16, 2014.It is free but call to reserve a chair last year there was standing room on the day. On December 25, 2013 Amaryllis were celebrated at the Nehrling Gardens Holiday Festival. There may be new varieties along with classics this year on December 13, 2014

info@nehrlinggardens.org
ph.407-445-9977
Nehrling Gardens
2267 Hempel Av.
Gotha, FL 34734
USA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

Bill,
It's a shame that this information wasn't posted a little more in advance. It wouldn't be out of the question to drive over with some prior planning, but with a little more than 36 hours notice, that likely won't happen.

I hope some others can attend and report back. Perhaps, even sharing some notes.
Kristi

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
Any H. Piri-Piri blooms?
Mine is just opening. Solid dark red cybister. Photos...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Hippeastrum machupijchense pollen available
Figured it would be a waste to throw it out. My machupijchense bloomed...
brownest_thumb
# 0016 x Exotic Star
Hi, I was just checking some of my two + year old...
dondeldux
Disgusting!
OMG! The stink and the shameful waste.
blancawing
id for orange amaryllis
I am looking for the botanical name for this orange...
linda_leaf z10fla
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™