Any help?

bluespiritartist(5A)March 6, 2009

A neighbor above us installed a pond and every few months it gets worse with the water in the yard. All my plants and trees have died and now figure we have lost 1/4 acre of land now. I would like to try growing cranberries but all seeds never sprouted. Does anyone have cuttings that they woud be willing to share? I do not know if there is anything on my page that would interest trading but any help or even ideas would be greatly appreacated. If i could figure out how to post a picture in here it might be helpful for more ideas on what to grow. Would like to grow fruiting plants and trees. I am afraid the bog will soon be spreading to my cherry trees!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluespiritartist(5A)

Another question, is pond water the same as bog water? Can bog plants be planted around pond water? The water that flows from the neighbors, doesnt move from my yard, it's building itself up to the point of having my own pond.

Bookmark   March 8, 2009 at 8:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pjtexgirl(7b DFW)

FRENCH DRAIN. And have a talk with your neighbor about sharing the cost. It's illegal to cause someone else's property to flood. PJ

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 8:14PM
More Discussions
Duckweed in bog garden?
Can you put duckweed on very wet mud or does it have...
minxz
bog to filter small pond?
hello, so a few months back I built my first pond it's...
mushibu10
Lysimachia thyrsiflora-Wanted
I'm looking for plants or seed of this wetland plant...
wildflowerman_2000
New To Bog Gardening
Hello Folks. I've got a small patch (approx. 8'x10')...
pauln
Is our 'boggy' area a Fen or Bog?
We have a very wet area just below the house. We were...
FireTrailFarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™