Star Wars begonia?

roseboywonderFebruary 27, 2005

I've been wanting to ask this for weeks, but I didn't want to get laughed at. I am a Star Wars fan, and in Episode II at the Lake Palace, there are red flowers in pots. At first I thought they were big red geraniums, but after watching it and re-watching it, I think they're red begonias. What kind of begonias are these? Do any of ya'll have a begonia like this? Could you sell me a tuber off of it? How do you grow these? Shade, or sun? I would love one in a big pot on the front porch.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kdjoergensen

switzerland begonias ?

or

red roseform tuberous begonias

There are obviously many colors and shapes:

Bookmark   February 27, 2005 at 9:12PM
greenelbows1(z9--so LA)

People on here are too nice to laugh at you, and anyway I bet lots of us see plants on shows we'd like to know the names of--even gardening shows! There should be a requirement on all shows--well, gardening shows at least, but I wonder about the plants on many shows--that they have to label 'em, or at least have names available on web sites. Maybe if we all email HGTV--???

Bookmark   March 1, 2005 at 12:09AM
teka2rjleffel(z10FL)

I don't know which ones you mean but I do the same thing. I see something plant related and lose my focus on the movie/show that I'm watching. Thanks for posting this. I know I'm not a lost cause (or atleast I'm not the only one.) Beautiful pics Kenneth.
Nancy

Bookmark   March 28, 2005 at 3:24PM
Nushka_IA(4b IA)

Like Nancy, I'm also glad I'm not the only one. But it bugs me when the show is supposed to be set in, say, Washington DC but it's obviously been filmed in LA, at which point I start shouting at the TV that agave doesn't grow in DC.... Such a geek.

Bookmark   April 1, 2005 at 12:48PM
More Discussions
started rhizome cutting...leaves shriveled
hello,i have a b.northern lights that has been sliding...
woollady
ID please
I'm assuming this is a begonia, and here in zone 5...
drich30099
Is Blackmore & Langdon begonia tuber worth it ?
Any one try Blackmore & Langdon tuber? Are they...
mymanga
Getting tubers from youngb plants?
I do well growing tuberous begonia from seed ,but never...
RT_12589
Cool photo editing for rex type begonias
Just ran across something I did a few years back and...
hcmcdole
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™