B. luxurians propagation
A couple years ago I posted an attempt to propagate B. luxurians from a leaf cutting. It failed (although a leaf rooted), and I had to give the plant away due to a move.
I just bought a new plant, partly with the intent of propagating it. It looked like multiple cuttings had been planted in one pot, and I figured I would just save one and reduce the rest to cuttings and some rooted pieces.
Here's what the plant looked like initially. It was $22.99 at DIG gardens, in Santa Cruz, which is one of the better small nurseries in the area.
And a top view:
For now I just split off the parts that looked like they came from the original strongest cutting. I think it looks better as one plant in a pot instead of 3-4:
And here is the rest of what was in the original pot:
Instead of turning those into cuttings (plus rooted pieces) now, I decided to pot them up, let them adjust a little bit, then start removing cuttings.
They are all potted up and I'll follow up again when I take cuttings off these.