Sructure name?

mfyssMarch 21, 2014

Plant is a Callisia but would appreciate help with the name of the flimsy nodal structures. Thanks. Yale

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

If you mean the silky white fluffy areas, those are the stigma of pistillate (female) flowers.

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 12:37AM
mfyss

Thank you very much as this did not occur to me. I had assumed that the prominent flowers they produce regularly with stamens were the only flowers produced. The plant shown must be Callisia repens(?).

On another subject, I checked your Garden Web page, and want to check to see if you are interested in a trade. I might have a few seeds for you, and some Sedum (although all are grown inside, so no idea about cold tolerance). Have many succulents with the same problem.

Again, many thanks. Yale

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 5:44PM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Very likely Callisia repens, but without consulting a Callisia key, I wouldn't say 100%.

Right now I'm not really looking for more seeds. I have racks and racks full of seedlings that I am just barely going to be able to take care of this year. If however you are wanting something from my list, shoot me a message and we'll work something out. I also have a lot of different tree and shrub seeds left over that aren't on my list. I'd have to look to see what might work in your hardiness area though.

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 11:22PM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Actually, some of the stuff that was on my list was from last year. I just deleted the stuff I no longer have on my trade list, but didn't have time to add all the new stuff. LMK, if you're interested in tree seeds.

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
Correct Notation for Scientific Classification
Hello. I would like to know how to list a species complete...
Reuel
when is pollen viable...morning, evening, both?
I've been hand pollinating some fruit trees this year,...
jbclem
have you seen Coppertone loquat?
I recently purchased some "Coppertone loquat"...
serenoa
Cannabis regeneration technique
I'm looking to get some opinions on the below questions...
yolanda89
Franklinia alatamaha
Maybe this query should go in the Propagation or Native...
Josh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™