I should have posted this last month. :) Ah, well...
1. What determines the sex of a plant? (I'm sure this answer differs from one class to another.)
2. Is it right to say that hollies are frustrated hermaphrodites, since they have both male and female organs but only one set works?
3. Do male papayas produce hermaphrodite flowers when no females are nearby?
4. Is it true that mamoncillo trees flower only in the presence of the opposite sex?
5. Is it true that some plants exhibit more horizontal growth (e.g., bushing out and suckering) when fewer plants of the opposite sex are near?