Hello!

gregsytch(z9b Tampa Bay)April 24, 2011

It has been some time since I have been on here. The begonia world in my yard has gone simply crazy! After another brutal winter (actually Dec in to Jan) which saw 5 freezes, February turned into spring and it has been beautiful since then. April has been very warm. My begonias are bursting their britches. I mean, I have canes in 7-10 gallon pots that are rootbound. Its either root pruning or the next size up. Since I grow under shadecloth I am at the mercy of the weather, and I type this a thunderstorm just blessed us with about 1/2 inch of much needed rainfall. I tried posting pics to the photo section, but it kept getting timed out (immediately). Any secrets? I would love to share photos. My last set of customers took some, too, and I could post those. Hope spring is coming on strong where you are! Best - Greg (also ABS Horticultural Correspondent)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9

Most of the worlds gardeners would not be too sympathetic to "being at the mercy of the weather" under shade cloth in Tampa Bay, Florida. Enjoy your Begonias and send us some pictures. Al

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 9:32AM
More Discussions
ID please
I'm assuming this is a begonia, and here in zone 5...
drich30099
Getting tubers from youngb plants?
I do well growing tuberous begonia from seed ,but never...
RT_12589
Winter Feeding of Rex Begonias
I am losing a couple of my Rex Begonias and wonder...
neuf
Begonias in Miracle Gro Orchis mix?
So I was bored today and decided to replace 2 of my...
Nick Robinson
Eyelash begonia
I was given a mini eyelash begonia yesterday. I have...
Winnie12
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™