I have bog rosemary 'blue ice', but no room.....

hummingbirddaisyJuly 10, 2005

in my pond for them. I have a preform plastic pond, 4x6', 18 or so inches deep. I have a water canna, a few water lilies, and some water hyacinth in it, oh and a umbrella palm. It is pretty full. What can I do with my bog rosemary?

Also, does sweet flag iris, and purple water iris HAVE to be planted in a pond? I have two rhyzomes of the purple in a pot sitting on the little shelf in my pond, and it is not doing so well, and just got some sweet flag. I was told that you can plant these right in the ground, but I want to make sure before I do that, and kill them.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Blessings, Tina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bobnj6(z6 NW NJ)

I have Iris verisacolor growing next to a preformed pond, the soil is moist and does great. I would think yours would do fine also. A partly shaded area would be great!

Hope this helps.

Bob

Bookmark   July 14, 2005 at 6:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jroot(5A Ont. Canada (near Guelph))

I moved my pond a year ago, but kept the liner where the old pond was. This I filled with a mixture of peat moss and soil. So.....now I have a small bog.

The water iris that had always been grown in water, are now grown in "the bog". They are twice the size, and are spreading wonderfully. Other water plants are doing well in the bog as well. The point is: you can set up another little pond ( bog) and put some of your cherished plants there, and watch them grow. Since my "bog" is inground, they overwinter well there as well.

Bookmark   July 15, 2005 at 10:13AM
More Discussions
newbie bog container garden questions
I have an old sink that I would like to set in the...
phf13
Arum lily
I have a very moist, very shady spot next to my water...
nightinggale
Source for Gunnera in Zone 10?
Looking to install Gunnera plants at the pond. Don't...
beverlyfla
Another horsetail reed question
SO - I know all about horsetail (Equisetum hyemale)...
mamamermaid
I have a bog area, now what? please help ;)
Hi, We bought a house last summer that has about 1/2...
nunlef
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™