Looking for a bog plant?

forestelvesJuly 15, 2006

I'm lookings for common horsetail for my bog garden.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ltakachuch

Believe it or not, I saw some for sale recently at our local Target Superstore. In fact, they often sell plants that are suitable for aquatic use. Of course, this is here in Clearwater, Florida, but you should regulary check your local stores (Target, Home Depot and Lowes) as you never can tell when you will find bog and pond plants. You'd be surprised at what I have found and for a very reasonable price.

Bookmark   July 26, 2006 at 12:24AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yarthkin(6-7a)

Uh, yeah, except Carnivorous plants sold at Lowes, Target, etc. are usually at deaths door. Plus, at least one of the companies, Botanical Wonders, admitted to me that they wild collect some of their plants. If that wasn't bad enough, they include instructions with their plants that will surely kill them, like "protect from cold" and "keep out of the sun"(presumably so you'll have to buy more).

If you are going to buy CPs, spend the extra money to get them from California Carnivores or Cooks. The plants will be well worth the extra money, and you'll be supporting reponsible good people.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooks Carnivores

Bookmark   August 3, 2006 at 8:40AM
More Discussions
Plants that like wet feet
I'm a novice gardener with what would appear to be...
Maddie.123
Flooded in Spring, Mowed in Summer
There is a field that is flooded in the Spring, then...
edlincoln
Is our 'boggy' area a Fen or Bog?
We have a very wet area just below the house. We were...
FireTrailFarm
newbie bog container garden questions
I have an old sink that I would like to set in the...
phf13
Plants to soak up water?
I wasnt sure what forum to post this in so I posted...
greengoblin72
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™