Bagonias looking really bad

stimey(6a)May 28, 2008

I have planted Bagonias in my flower bed, I feel like I have good drainage, and the ground is fertile. I have patunias growing in the same area, and they are growing really good. I know very little about bagonias, can anyone help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hcmcdole(z7)

What kind of "BEGONIAS" are they? Is your bed in full sun all day? When you say bad, what exactly does that mean? Sunburned? Broken? What zone are you in and what kind of temps are you experiencing now?

Most begonias need some shade in the hot afternoon and never allowed to completely dry out.

Bookmark   May 28, 2008 at 3:39PM
stimey(6a)

They are the most typical ones that you get at the greenhouses, I cant think of the name of those at the moment. The leaves are just smallish, the over all plant is just not really growing. They are in early morning full sun until noon and then a large tree shades them for the rest of the day. They are growing in sandy soil, but have been using miracle grow about every two weeks. I have mulch down around them and recently been getting alot of rain, but normaly water them every other day. Like I said I have sandy soil and get really good drainage. Zone 6A

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 7:01PM
hcmcdole(z7)

Wax begonias?

Make sure the soil is not real wet. I would take the mulch off if the soil stays wet and back off on watering.

If the soil dries out fast then you may have to increase watering or move them to another location.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 8:36PM
More Discussions
started rhizome cutting...leaves shriveled
hello,i have a b.northern lights that has been sliding...
woollady
shima nishiki peony field
The video is from 2009, taken in Luoyang, China. Enjoy...
jujujojo_gw
Newly bought a Rex Begnoia -
This appears to have smaller leaves. I had these before,...
jujujojo_gw
Anyone have b.grandis bulbils for swap or SASE?
I would very much like to try these if anyone has a...
rredbbeard
Is Blackmore & Langdon begonia tuber worth it ?
Any one try Blackmore & Langdon tuber? Are they...
mymanga
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™