tuberous begonias

cathyc_maineMay 10, 2008

I overwintered well over two dozen tuberous begonias and they came up well after potting in March. But then I made mistake of putting them outdoors this week in the sun two afternoons (most were 4-6 inches high) and some of the plant leaves got burned (not all plants, and on some plants only some leaves). I've moved them to shady area, but: Will the plants with several burnt leaves recover? Should I pinch burnt leaves off of all plants? Or will leaves recover on their own? Anyone have advice?

Cathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannie7

The damaged leaves will not be able to do what normal healthy leaves would do for the plant so its best to remove --cut back only what is damaged.

I had the same inkling today...I've got 6 plants...3 clay pots worth sitting waiting for the good days to appear.
We've kind of got spoiled the last few --70's but Mr weatherman is promising frost tonight and cooler temps across our region this weekend so the begonias will just sit for another few days before I'll risk them.

Canada's holiday that we use as a guide for putting out annuals...The Queen's Birthday...May 24...is going to be a cool one....so anybody considering putting out the plants this weekend will be suggested to wait a few days more.

Bookmark   May 15, 2008 at 7:35PM
More Discussions
Blackmore & Langdon Begonia bulbs The Worst
I purchased 10 bulbs from early this spring directly...
spacehunter
My Special Angel
I posted this in the house plants forum but thought...
Jessie Tyler
Anyone Know Anything About 'Phoes Chloe' ?
I've had it for at least 8 years - it died back during...
westy1941
To re-pot Rexes or not?
As you can tell from the picture, I have three Rexes...
neuf
Anyone have b.grandis bulbils for swap or SASE?
I would very much like to try these if anyone has a...
rredbbeard
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™