I would like for someone to look at these pics

slomovingardner(se georgia)July 19, 2004

Hi I would like some to please take a look at these pics and tell me where I went wrong and if I can correct the problem.It is concerning Ammarylis.Thank you ,Sheree

www.PictureTrail.com/gid3498597

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropsanddune

You have done nothing wrong. you have two entirely diff plants. the one you are showing is Hymenocallis aka Spider lily.

Bookmark   July 19, 2004 at 1:33AM
slomovingardner(se georgia)

well if it is spider lilly it came from ammarylis.those same plants that I show give me a few red and white striped flowers a year.I never have owned a spider lilly. And if you can see the leaves its clearly ammarylis.I thought spider lilly at first but as I said I have never bought one. thank you for your help .Sheree

Bookmark   July 19, 2004 at 1:47AM

Tropsanddune I just googled a pic of the spider lilly and the first that came up was what I have.How could that happen they were amarylis when I planted and like I said I still get the few a year...Can they cross? I guess I never had the right pic of a Spider lilly in my head .Well the mystery is over except where did they come from.Thanks a lot for your help.Now I am going to send that site to my mother in law because she seen them when they where all amarylis.we where both puzzeled.Thanks again

Bookmark   July 19, 2004 at 2:08AM
trianglejohn

Maybe the Hymenocallis seeds got trapped in the media of the original Hypeastrum/Amarylis and took a long time to germinate and grow. Their leaves look alike so you would never notice the invader until it bloomed (now).

Bookmark   July 19, 2004 at 1:50PM

HUH!!!!! LoL,what u said, sound like that is what happened to me ....lol thanks Sheree

Bookmark   July 19, 2004 at 8:01PM
ken_mce(zone 4, NY)

You got a free bonus plant when you bought your Ammarylis. No biggy, it happens. PS I am SO jealous of your Koi!

Bookmark   July 24, 2004 at 8:37AM
bigeasyjock(z8Ms)

Keep her wet. She is a La. native that grows in our swamps so ... keep her wet ;>
Mike

Bookmark   August 7, 2004 at 4:21PM
More Discussions
What are they?
Hi gardeners, I just went to empty the scrap bucket...
tonyjugoslav
reccomended plant science educational books to read
Hey everyone, looking for some plant science book recommendations...
zjharrison
Plant Sciences major, and job availability in the south east
I'm aiming to major in botany horticulture or plant...
gardenapprentice
Changes in Flowering Time
Hello! I'm a postdoc at Harvard, studying flowering...
curiousmachine
Cold stratification & "tricking" seeds
Was originally posted here, in the Growing from Seed...
actionclaw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™