Begonias in WA

jjmpineMay 31, 2005

Hi Everyone,

Anyone know of a good source for rhizomatous or cane begonias here in WA state? There doesn't seem to even be a local begonia society! Thanks...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Wayfind(8 PNW)

I just picked up a Begonia Rex from HD, they may have more varieties.. Peninsula Gardens in Gig Harbor probably has some, they have everything! I know absolutely nothing about Begonias but could not resist the stunning color combination of the leaves, so gorgeous! Just came to this forum to learn something about them, wondering if I should keep this as a potted plant outside then bring it in over the winter, do they do well as houseplants?

Bookmark   June 3, 2005 at 9:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jjmpine

I haven't found any worth keeping from the HD near here but I will check out Peninsula Gardens, thanks for the suggestion! In my experience, begonias are better indoors in our climate because it is usually too cold at night to keep them out, I also noticed the rexs need more humidity than other begonias. I guess it all depends on what begonia you have (HD is not known for their accurate tags!) Begonias also like bright, indirect light so if you do put your begonia outside, put it under a tree or covered patio/deck. Hope I helped you out a little!

Bookmark   June 4, 2005 at 1:56AM
More Discussions
Blackmore & Langdon Begonia bulbs The Worst
I purchased 10 bulbs from early this spring directly...
spacehunter
Rhizomatous Madame Queen and Black Truffle
A nursery was discounting their "annuals"....
linnea56
Anyone have b.grandis bulbils for swap or SASE?
I would very much like to try these if anyone has a...
rredbbeard
need help to ID plants... newbie to begonias
hi from the philippines! i chanced upon this collection...
rica_ph
Would love an ID on this begonia
I'm attaching 3 photos- hopefully First one is of...
lorabell NC
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™