Lovely Leaves

dondelduxSeptember 17, 2012

Here are some pictures of my Sophisticate's leaves..the prettiest, darkest green leaves I have on any of my plants. They are on the narrow side and all the leaves have a red tinge on the very edge and most of them have folded edges either up or down. Sophisticate didn't bloom for me last year so I am really looking forward to this year with these lovely leaves and I believe it has a dusky brown scape...

On the other hand I have a bulb I bought last year under the name of Pink Nymph which didn't bloom for me either last season. This has the widest leaves of any of my hippies and they are a nice medium green each leaf is going in a different direction which I don't recall seeing either.

I won't know until it blooms if it is in fact Pink Nymph since so many of last years bulbs (about 30) were mislabeled. But I did manage to pick up several cultivates that I didn't have...;-) and, I almost can't believe it but, none of them have shown any sign of virus!! Three of them rotted away, but I'll take the blame for that!

Donna

Sophisticate

Pink Nymph (maybe)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dondeldux

bump.....

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 6:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

Awwww

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 2:22PM
More Discussions
Another mislabel
Well my replacement bulb for Cirque du Soleil turned...
jstropic
I'm beginning to figure out the code to ordering the bulbs I want
Ok, I'm starting to figure out the code to ordering...
jstropic
H. Santos
My 3, H. Santos, bulbs all have 2 scapes and appear...
jimnpa (6a PA USA)
Hippeastrum machupijchense pollen available
Figured it would be a waste to throw it out. My machupijchense bloomed...
brownest_thumb
Planting Papilio in the ground
I live about 20 miles north of New Orleans in zone...
John Lusk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™