Check out my Bog Garden experiment
I wish I could say my bog that is shown at the link below is still as great looking but no such luck. Reason why is that I should have removed all the sedges, etc. that came up but I did not and they basically took over and the healthy sphagnum became dead sphagnum. This I attribute to the fact that the sedges shaded out the sphagnum and it died out.
I have tried reviving it and am currently keeping tabs on a plug of live sphagnum that I put into the old dead bog to see if it will survive and recolonize the bog.
If this fails I may try to get a large amount of sphagnum to recover the old bog and go from there.
But it was a great looking bog