bog surprises

charlie1949September 30, 2008

I started a small bog garden last year in the spring. Put a few pitcher plants and fly traps in it. They did over winter outside in the bog. A couple of months ago I had a surprise, a sundew plant was growing in the bog. Since then 2 additional sundews have appeared. Also reed type plants. I guess just goes to show that if you provide certain type environments, mother nature will do the rest

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kwoods(Cold z7 Long Is)

Sounds nice. Any pics?

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 3:31PM
charlie1949

I would upload pics but don't know how. I will as soon as I figure it out. If there is an easy way, please let me know.

Thanks

Bookmark   October 12, 2008 at 7:29PM
kwoods(Cold z7 Long Is)

Folks use photobucket, I myself use imageshack.

Pretty simple really, just create the pic, go to the imageshack site and upload it. The resulting page will have a direct url or snippet of html code you can copy and paste into a gardenweb message that displays your image. There may be a faq somewhere on gardenweb that better explains this if you still need help.

Good luck with your bog! If things are reseeding your are definitely doing something right. I love CP bogs and I have gotten many years of enjoyment out of mine.

Bookmark   October 13, 2008 at 11:27AM
charlie1949

Thanks for info on uploading pics. Still can't get it to link to the pictures but I did upload the bog and a picture of one of the sundews at http://profiles.imageshack.us/user/charlie1949/

THanks again

Bookmark   October 13, 2008 at 6:44PM
More Discussions
Plants that like wet feet
I'm a novice gardener with what would appear to be...
Maddie.123
large urn without drainage hole
I was given a very large red ceramic urn. I am at a...
kitasei
newbie bog container garden questions
I have an old sink that I would like to set in the...
phf13
Help me to create an ideal area for Gunnera
I have a hot dry yard, but I want to try growing Gunnera....
farslayr
Blooming season of Mini Lotus - many pictures
White with deep purple tips, not 'picotee' but what...
jujujojo_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™