I was given three lotus plants (ones that are native to Indiana...American lotus...?). The leaves are about 3.5" in diameter. When I got them, I planted them like a lily..a pot w/ clay unscented cat litter, gravel on top and put them so their heads were at the same level in the pond.
One plant looks ok but the other two have brown crispy leaves. Did I kill them or are they going dormant...in shock...? Help!
I am tempted to un-pot them and plant them in the bottom of the pond, hoping to save them. However, I'm not sure this is the best solution.